- Knowledge and understanding of basic Bengali
- Knowledge and understanding of Bengali Grammar and Linguistics
- Knowledge and understanding of essential Bengali
- Knowledge and understanding History of Bengali Literature
- Knowledge and understanding basic idea of Poetry, Short Story, Essay, Drama &
- History of Bengali Literature ( 1601 1950)
- To make students interested in Bengali Society, culture, literature and history of the Bengali
- To create a sense of history and historical analysis about Literature among the
- To make students aware about basic textual nuances of Medieval and Modern Bengali Literature.
- To make students aware about the evolution of the history of Bengali Literature and
- To give the idea of the inextricable interconnection between Literature and
- To create a strong foundation of studying future course of literature
- Studying History of Bengali Literature helps students to know about Religion, Society, Culture and development of the Bengali Literature use in the Prose , poetry , drama , short story and novel . Our vision is to see our won literature, manifestation of our nationality transformation of content, form and style of writing technique through ages and indication of future direction in
Origin of Bengali Language
Study of origin of Bengali language is the most important. Students will understand Bengali language in an historical context and they will learn how Bengali language origin from Indo-European or Aryan Family of Languages and changed over time and how it varies from situation to situation and place to place. Study of Origin of Bengali Language will also help in making the foundation of language stranger and will improve the practical and intellectual skills.
Rhetoric and Prosody
- To make students aware about the importance of Rhetoric and Prosody while studying
- To give practical lesions of Rhetoric and Prosody to
- To prepare students about the ornamental use of language in constructing sentences while speaking and
- Introducing the foundation of Prosody along with the basic knowledge of
- Introduce to the students about the aesthetics of language while studying
- To make students aware about Indian idea of Rhetoric and
To make students interested in Socio- Economic and cultural history of medieval period of Bengal.
Forms and features of Novel
Introducing and analysis a novel is a relatively long work of narrative fiction in prose.
Study of Linguistics
Student will be familiar with the aspect of the Bengali language-including sounds, words, sentences and meaning. Students will understand Bengali language in an historical context and they will learn how Bengali language changed over time and how it varies from situation to situation and place to place. Study of Linguistics will also help in making the foundation of language stranger and will improve the practical and intellectual skills.
Vaishnava Padavali & Shakta Padavali
- To give basic ideas about the Vaishnava Padavali & Shakta Padavali on Medieval Period to the
- To make students aware about Vaishnava and Shakta Religion and
- To give basic ideas about Religious Literature and Social values of this form of literature.
Through this curriculum students learn to translate fro English to Bengali and contrarily from Bengali to English. Moreover they acquire skill in proof-reading, formal letter- writing, reporting or various affairs etc. Exercise of all these methods will help students in getting jobs as translator, professional Proof-reader or Reporter in News agencies and thus the course of study is building proficiency required for getting employed in different field.